The Nixa Area Chamber of Commerce announced honorees for the Annual Nixie Awards. The formal event was held on January 17, 2020, and celebrated with nearly 200 Nixa Chamber members, at Greenhouse Two Rivers in Highlandville, just south of Nixa. The Chamber’s most esteemed event welcomed Nixa’s most influential business leaders to an elegant evening celebrating businesses and members that support the mission of the Nixa Chamber and the Nixa community in their endeavors.
The 2019 honorees are:
- Small Business of the Year Sponsored by City of Nixa -Insight Design Architects
- Large Business of the Year – Air Services Heating and Cooling/All Services Professional Plumbing
- Volunteer of the Year – Christine Ferguson of Xtreme Exteriors
- Ambassador of the Year – Delores Albers of Delores Albers Photography
- Individual Member of the Year – Summer Lampe of Xtreme Exteriors
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Sharon Gray of CRC CPAs, former Nixa Chamber CEO and former Nixa Mayor
Nominations are accepted by members before the event and chosen by a committee of board members. The board reviewed over 40 nominations before making selections. There are many deserving businesses in Nixa, and the Nixa Chamber appreciates each business that serves the Nixa Community. Others honored at the Annual Nixie Awards were several Nixa Chamber board members and the 2019 corporate sponsors of the Nixa Chamber of Commerce.
Summer was honored as Individual Chamber Member of the year for sharing her time and talent as she served her first year as a Nixa Chamber board member, her first year as a board member of the Nixa Fire Protection District and for her many years of service as the leader of the Nixa Chamber Ambassadors. She also donated her time during Sucker Days, NIXPO, Working Women in Nixa (WWIN) and the Nixa Young Professionals (NXYP).
Christine was honored as the Nixa Chamber Volunteer of the year for her sharing her time and talent as she served as a Nixa Chamber Ambassador and for her time helping with Sucker Days, NIXPO, Working Women in Nixa (WWIN) and the Nixa Young Professionals (NXYP).
As a company, we are so proud of Summer and Christine and appreciate the passion they bring to serving the Nixa community and greater Christian County each and every day. Congrats!